In Jeremy Kingsley’s book Inspired People Produce Results, he provides 9 keys for leaders to use to unlock greater growth in their organizations.
Below those 9 Leadership Key containing a few of the points he made summarized as: inspire, passion, purpose, loyalty, caring, understanding, patience, communication, and integrity.
- Inspire by creating SMART goals for your teams; and show your personal dedication, commitment, and vision.
- Provide passion to employees so they try new things and enable their own innovative work; celebrate accomplishments and share your vision along with the importance of projects.
- Clearly define the purpose of your organization, team, and projects; linking individual passions to purposeful work and worthy causes energizes employees.
- Demonstrate loyalty and get it back through connecting to your team and forming a lasting relationship with each employee.
- Show that you care about your employees and are grateful for the work that they do; establish a both a social and physical working environment that is comfortable for each individual - be “green” whenever possible.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses (see DiSC vs, HRDQ assessments for help) of each team member in order to motivate them and develop their specific talents; listening, counseling, and mentoring are expected by today’s workforce.
- Encourage patience in interactions between yourself and your employees by planning projects properly and setting realistic performance expectations; encourage the testing of new ideas, even if they fail, so you can have greater success later.
- Communication should be personal, precise, and persistent; face-to-face is best and when providing pertinent details be honest and repeat as often as needed.
- Show integrity, you will face fewer crises and will inspire your people to follow you; the best way to show it is to say what you mean and do what you say.