- Sly Fox is the person who tries to manipulate what others say as support for their own opinion or idea.
- Timid Mouse is the person who sits quietly during the meeting without participating much in the team discussions without being prompted.
- Sleeping Possums refers to those moments when prolonged silence falls upon the group.
- Darting Deer is the person that comes late to meetings or goes in and out during the meeting timeframe.
- Growling Bears are people who argue during a meeting and possibly stress out the other attendees.
- Repeating Crow is the person who just keeps saying the same thing over and over during the course of the meeting.
- Wise Owl is the expert who provides so many details that the meeting gets bogged down in information processing.
- Rabbit Trails occur when meeting members jump around from subject to subject and get the meeting off-track.
- Wolf Packs are pairs or a small group of people within the meeting who follow their own agenda rather the common agenda for the meeting.
NOTE: If you are running a non-profit group using volunteer committees to do much of your work, check out the article Ideas to Generate Participation in Committees on the Free Management Library website.