- Be a single point of contact for customer who understands their goals and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Manage and coordinate the vendor’s team of experts and the work they do for customer.
- Be the ROI expert by reporting the value received from product service that helps customer achieve their goals.
- Understand who their r customer’s customers are and how they use final products/services.
- Understand how the business works and align to their strategy and culture.
- Understand their financial condition and how to connect vendor solutions to their needs to produce the results they want.
- Know the vendor company as well as the customer’s. Learn where can you bend the rules or shorten the process to best support your customer needs.
- Create an internal support network of valuable contacts you can call on when help or resources are needed.
- Communicate your customer’s expectations to everyone involved in order process and product/service development for quicker and more accurate response.