- Acknowledge mistakes
- Take quick action
- Have a long-term strategy
- Communicate from management to all levels
- Be a reliable source for the media at a comfortable distance
- Restrain the desire to win the argument
- If appropriate and honest, dare to overreact
- Do not try to create consensus
- Consider all key audience in communications
- Never stop monitoring problems and issues
January 6, 2012
Below is a short 2.5 minute video from a Crisis Communication Conference that was uploaded in 2009. To find out more about future conferences in
Europe, visit http://www.crisis-communication.net/. To find out more about crisis management, check next post for a helpful book.
Here is a summary of the 10 golden rules that are presented in the video.