|Rules of the Hunt|
he gives his opinions and advice on starting a business, sales, marketing, and more.
Below are a few of his 30 ideas for marketing and
his 8 reasons why your sales may be lost.
A Dozen Marketing Ideas
- Marketing pros can accelerate company growth and generate revenue.
- There can be too much information on your brochures.
- Use the “tell them 3 times” rule for creating good copy: tell what you are going to tell them, tell them, and tell them what you told them.
- Good service justifies price/value.
- Sell them on the benefits to them, not the product features.
- Offer satisfaction guarantees.
- Send follow-up notes and be sure to proofread.
- Direct mail gives buyers something to hold in their hands.
- Build a contact database by giving subscribers guarantee of privacy as well as a reason to sign-up.
- Clichés sell – use them wisely in advertising copy.
- Keep it personal by using “you” often or where possible the reader’s actual name.
- Forget image branding – the goal is to sell not increase awareness. However, use photos and images that capture the spirit of your marketing message.
- Your sales pitch is boring. Use visuals and examples that show them how much they will save or how your product can help them.
- You insult the customer’s intelligence. Treat them with respect and ask open-ended questions rather than try to manipulate.
- You are uniformed about your prospect. Take time to visit their website and learn about their competition.
- You are talking to the wrong person. Make sure you are meeting with the decision maker.
- You do not listen to what your customers are saying. Pay attention to what they are saying and how they are saying it.
- You do not understand your customer’s needs. Find out their needs and concerns and show how your product can help.
- Buyers do not like you. Invest in rapport-building skills.
- Potential clients do not know you or your company. Get referrals and name drop current customers.