What is EQ? Internally, it is the capacity for recognizing our own feelings, motivating ourselves and managing our emotions. Externally, it's the capacity to understand and motivate others while conducting ourselves well.
- Understanding Yourself
- Managing Yourself
- Understanding Others
- Managing Others
- EQ is the differentiating factor in overall success
- 90% of the difference between outstanding and average leaders is linked to EQ
- EQ is two times as important as IQ and technical expertise combined
- EQ is four times as important in terms of overall success
- In a study of more than 2,000 managers from 12 large organizations, 81% of the competencies that distinguished outstanding managers were related to emotional intelligence.